Peter Manson Symposium
In October 2017, we will host the first symposium dedicated to Peter Manson’s work.
Please join us at the University of Glasgow for a carnival of epistemophilia, pareidolia and paranoia, deciphering and decoding, as we reckon with the Manson panoply. An evening of poetry by poets, friends and accomplices precedes the symposium, which closes with a reading by Peter Manson.
This symposium will seek to follow some of the threads of his output, teasing out thematic and structural links that unify his work across diverse domains. We invite papers on any aspect of Manson’s works. Responses may include but are not limited to:
- Object Permanence
- UK contemporaries, European and Cross-Atlantic influence
- humour, carnival, play
- the body (phenomenological, biological, erotic, etc.)
- Psychoanalysis and language acquisition
- lyric, secrecy, confession
- matter, material, materialism
- constraint and process
- performance and voice
Image by Charlotte Henard under a CC BY-NC-ND license.